The Community Garden at ValleVue Preserve
Mission and Vision:
Morris Township Community Garden at ValleVue Preserve is located on Picatinny Road. Our 3-acre Organic Garden is the result of a joint effort between Morris Township (Morris Township Environmental Commission and Morris Township Parks and Recreation), the Trust for Public Land, Morris County Historic Preservation and the MCMUA. The acquisition of 21 acres from the Rosenhaus Estate, will have trails and the Garden. The Garden will provide people with the opportunity to grow quality produce for their families in a way that is healthy to the environment.
We have created a “Giving Garden” which produces food for local food banks and food kitchens. Gardeners can volunteer their time to help support and maintain the Giving Garden.
Each garden plot will be privately maintained by individual renters. Individuals who live in Morris Township are eligible to participate; commercial enterprises are not eligible to apply. Plots will be rented on a first come, first serve basis. Returning Gardeners and new Gardeners must attend our Orientation Class.
Plot sizes/Annual Fee:
10 X 10 (100 Sq. Ft.) = $25
15 X 15 (225 Sq. Ft.) = $45
15 X 30 (450 Sq. Ft.) = $65
Each gardener is responsible for the preparation and maintenance and regular upkeep of their garden plot, including weeding and harvesting mature produce. We will be open this year from April 1, 2019 until November 26, 2019. Garden plots are offered in AS IS Condition and need to be prepared each season by the participating gardener using strict organic amendments (NO SYNTHETIC CHEMICAL fertilizers or pesticides) will be allowed.Gardeners will also be responsible for providing their own seeds or plants and must use their own garden tools to tend their plots.
Participation Requirements: Each gardener must read the Rules and Regulations Handbook, sign the Garden Membership Agreement which includes a “Hold Harmless” Form, fill out the Registration Form and send in with their check for the desired plot size. Gardeners who fail to comply with the requirements will forfeit their plot.
1. Maintain a valid email address to receive all communications (unless other arrangements are made with the Garden Manager).
2. All gardeners must attend Orientation and Introduction to Organic Gardening classes given in the beginning of the year.
3. Volunteer four(4) hours for the first plot and one(1) hour for each additional plot.
4. Abide by the Morris Township Community Garden Rules and Regulations as stated in the Garden Handbook.
5. Go ORGANIC: Use only OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) or garden staff approved organic materials in your plot. No synthetic fertilizers or pesticides can be used.
The Theodore Largman Community Garden at Vallevue Preserve
29 Picatinny Road
Sue YoungGarden Coordinator
Email Sue Young
Sue Young, Garden Coordinator
Morris Township Parks and Rec
P.O. Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961