Located on Mendham and Kahdena Roads
General Joseph Warren Revere (1812-1880) built this exuberant Gothic Revival house, “the Willows,” in 1854.
A grandson of Paul Revere, the general served in both American and Mexican armies. He painted the trompe l’oeil murals in the dining room, which were preserved by the next owner, Charles Foster, a New York broker, and his daughter Caroline, who ran the farm after her father’s death.
A few years before she died at the age of 102, Caroline Foster donated the property to the Morris County Park Commission, which maintains it as a museum and living historical farm.